The Tourism Recovery Programme is a training, mentoring and financial support programme for travel & tourism entrepreneurs in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya. It's designed to adapt and build resilient, sustainable tourism businesses and to help them take steps towards recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
How does the programme support you?
- Three key team members per business can participate in the programme, with at least least one being the (co-)founder or legal representative (you will need to prove legal representation)
Your business was legally registered in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya between Jan 2010 and Dec 2019 (you will need to prove registration)
Your business was revenue-generating within 18 months before March 2020 and has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (halted operations, employment loss, revenue loss, client loss, etc.)
Your business displays a need for immediate financial support as well as the ability to benefit from training and mentoring
The business has an innovative component or approach to travel and tourism; this includes technological, environmental and social innovations
The business is locally owned and operates independently
The business model is directly or indirectly supported by collaboration between your business and the European market. This collaboration should include, but is not limited to, current or past partnerships, projects/initiatives, trips/experiences, clients, customers, suppliers, service providers or supporters
In the selection of participants, additional consideration will be given to encourage diversity and inclusion
We are looking to support tourism & travel entrepreneurs in the following sectors:
- Food & beverage
- Destination Management Company
- Recreation, culture & sporting facilities
- Tech & consultancy (booking platforms, travel portals, support platforms, consultancy firms, agencies, events management)
- Tour operators (experience & adventure tourism, community & local tourism, educational tourism, entertainment tours)
- Transportation, booking & logistics
- Other services in the tourism supply chain
Applications are now CLOSED since Sunday, 20th of June 2021 at 11:59 PM (CEST)
- If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ sheet for questions about programme content, legalities, financials, commitment, expectations and more
If you are having trouble with your application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this is the only official channel of communication to receive timely application support.