The TUI Care Foundation’s Helping Hands Fund targets projects and activities of organisations that fit the Foundation’s strategic framework and create positive impact for the communities or the environment in tourism destinations worldwide. As such, it caters to the needs of communities, threatened wildlife and the environment in these destinations. Charitable organisations or social enterprises operating in tourism destinations and engaging in the fields of education, community empowerment, marine conservation or land cultivation can submit their application via the link below. We also encourage organisations representing tourism communities in need of emergency supplies or reconstruction aid due to (natural) disasters to apply for a grant from this fund.
WHAT WILL BE SUPPORTED
- Initiatives with a clear link to tourism taking place in international tourism regions in one if the eligible countries listed below
- Activities addressing education, environmental protection, cultural conservation and/or community empowerment
- Interventions responding to the needs of communities in case of emergencies, (natural) disasters and/or health crises
- Providing environmental education to local schools
- Mitigating human-wildlife conflict
- Supporting community-based tourism
- Protecting cultural heritage and empowering local artisans
- Responding to natural disasters such as wildfires or flooding, e.g. by distributing emergency packages or providing clean water access
- Conducting beach clean ups or other waste collection activities
- Child protection measures for vulnerable children/young people
- Community health care responses to health crises such as hygiene awareness raising or training of health workers
IN WHICH COUNTRIES?
The initiative should take place in touristic regions in one of these countries:
Albania, Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Bonaire, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Gambia, Greece, Grenada, India, Indonesia, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Martinique, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Seychelles, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
VISIBILITY AND REPORTING
Organisations receiving support from the Helping Hands Fund are expected to submit reports and to share communication materials (such as pictures, videos and testimonials) for wider distribution. These materials are meant to create visibility around the projects and their impact. Organisations will be asked to confirm this in the course of the application process.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Charitable organisations OR social enterprises with a clear tourism-related social impact mission
- Organisations that are legally registered and operational in any of the countries listed
- Organisations that have no religious / ideological affiliation and act free of discrimination against ethnicity, nationality, gender, disability, religious beliefs, sexual identity
- Individuals are not eligible for funding
- Please note that applications must be submitted in English. We encourage non-English speakers to use free online tools for translating their proposal
- All applications will be assessed by a selection committee of the TUI Care Foundation
- In the selection procedure a fair geographical and thematic distribution will be taken into account
- Applications should only be submitted via the online link below. Applications via email or other communication channels can neither be assessed nor responded to
- The amount granted will be decided by the TUI Care Foundation and may be lower than the amount applied for